Wednesday, February 13, 2013

#20: Don't Forget Your Wallet!

"26 acts of kindness","26 acts", "random acts of kindness","#26acts" Today I went to lunch at the Food Court in the mall.  I had just paid for my meal, and the guy behind me started searching in his jacket for his wallet.  He had his plate made at the counter and was ready to take his food, but he did not have his wallet.  He told the cashier "I must have left my wallet in my car.  I'll leave my food right here and come right back." 

I knew what I needed to do.  I said to the cashier, "I'll pay for his lunch."  The guy was stunned.  He was speechless for a second, and then said "no, no, you don't have to do that".  I could tell he felt awkward accepting my money, so I told him that this was an act of kindness and he was helping me get to my goal of 26.  After that, he accepted my offer.  :)

He was so appreciative and told me twice that he would pay it forward.  I have no doubt that he will!

No comments:

Post a Comment