Thursday, December 20, 2012

#3 - This is too easy

"26 acts of kindness","26 acts", "random acts of kindness","#26acts" Seriously, what has taken me so long?  I never considered myself to be an unthoughtful person, but after just a few acts of kindness, I can't believe what I didn't do.  Some of these acts are so easy and effortless.



This morning I was driving home from dropping my daughter off at preschool, and I noticed that my neighbor's newspaper was in her front yard.  It was raining.  I parked my car in the garage, grabbed my umbrella, and moved the newspaper to her front door step where it would stay dry.  My other neighbors are out of the country for a couple weeks, so I took their paper home with me.  I don't think either of these actions would have crossed my mind a week ago.  I hope that after these 26 acts are completed, I will continue to be thoughtful without trying to check a task off  my list.

To all my friends who have "liked" or commented on my efforts, thank you so much for your support.  It feels great to have cheerleaders. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment