Friday, December 28, 2012

#11: Ongoing Donations

Today I received a call from the Humane Society of the United States.  They called because I made a donation for the pets affected by Hurricane Sandy in November, which was my stepmother's birthday gift.  This time they were asking for an ongoing monthly donation.  Every time I get a telemarketing call asking for money, I immediately say that I'm not interested, please remove me from the list, and hang up.

This time was different.  I am now looking for ways to complete my 26 acts of kindness.  We recently adopted a puppy, Coco, from the Atlanta Humane Society.  




I support all pet rescues and adoptions.  Why not commit to a monthly donation?

I told the woman on the phone that I would commit to $10 per month.  It felt really good to know that I am helping continually instead of just once.


No comments:

Post a Comment