Thursday, December 20, 2012

#5 - Letter to a Soldier

"26 acts of kindness","26 acts", "random acts of kindness","#26acts" In the last few days we sold a couple books through half.com.  I noticed that one of the buyers was a soldier stationed in Afghanistan.  When I was preparing to ship the book today, I realized that I could use this as another act of kindness.  I decided to write a thank you note to the soldier for his/her service to send with the book.  

Then I had a better idea.  I would use this as a teaching opportunity and let my son write the letter.

Then my husband had an even better idea.  Let's give him his/her money back.

So instead of shipping just the book that was ordered, this is what is going to Afghanistan.  This soldier is in for a nice surprise!



No comments:

Post a Comment