Friday, December 21, 2012

Small World

"26 acts of kindness","26 acts", "random acts of kindness","#26acts" I say this all the time, and I'll say it again.  It is such a small world!

The event that inspired me to do these 26 acts of kindness was when a stranger paid my toll on GA 400 earlier this week.  I had been sad all day thinking about the Connecticut tragedy, and the stranger's act of kindness made me realize how nice most people are.  Then after posting the experience on Facebook, my friend Lauren let me know about the 26 acts of kindness that people were doing.

I have loved reading about this amazing trend.  Just search for #26acts or #AnnCurry on Twitter and you will see what I am talking about.  A couple days ago a guy named Steve Miller (@smmill10) posted on Twitter to Ann Curry (the news anchor who started this trend) that he paid tolls on GA 400 for 10 people behind him.  I replied and asked him if he did this on Monday afternoon around 3:45 pm when I was there, and he said yes.  I highly doubt there was more than one person paid for others tolls at this exact time, so I'm pretty sure he's the guy.  If any of you are on Twitter, please give a shout out to Steve for his thoughtfulness and inspiration.



So Steve, if you are reading this, THANK YOU.  I am doing my best to pay it forward and inspire others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment